Financial Planning and Analysis Manager- Corporate FP&A at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the VP of FP&A, the Manager of FP&A in New York City or Ventura will play a critical role in analyzing and implementing The Trade Desk’s financial and strategic initiatives. We are looking for a high performing Manager to support The Trade Desk with budgeting, forecasting, modeling, and creation of strategic analyzes to help support the business and its leaders. The ideal candidate will be strategic, commercially minded, and a self-starter who not only possesses exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills but also communicates findings confidently and articulately to a wide range of stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop deep understanding, and ownership of, The Trade Desk’s consolidated operating plan and forward-looking financial statements
- Manage key FP&A processes, including annual budgeting, monthly / quarterly forecasting, identifying Risks and Opportunities, monthly close coordination with Accounting team, and performance reporting
- Provide consolidated financial tracking, analysis, commentary, and documents to the Trade Desk CFO, SVP and VP of FP&A and other key stakeholders to support key deliverables, working in close partnership with various FP&A team members and other accounting, finance and business partners
- Design reports and dashboards to track key performance metrics and insights
- Dive deep into specific focus areas and divisions of the Trade Desk, as a key business partner, to develop insights and analysis to provide greater visibility and enhance decision-making
- Drive process improvements and best practices within the FP&A organization to increase effectiveness and coordination in the forecasting and budgeting process
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to prepare variance to budget and other deep-dives
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or an applicable field; MBA or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience ideally reflecting a combination of FP&A / Investor Relations / Corporate Development and financial/accounting services experience (investment banking or Big 4 accounting)
- Outstanding project management skills with experience and ability to help drive the budget process with multiple stakeholders and interests
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Proficient in Excel and financial reporting systems; Hyperion knowledge a plus
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to present to senior management in a clear, concise manner
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong sense of ownership and proactivity
- Strong business sense, with the ability to understand changing industry forces and focus on relevant KPIs
- High personal and professional integrity, with a willingness to dig into anything and everything to support the business
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.