Financial Reporting Manager
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about being high performing team players and who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Financial Reporting Manager requires an experienced CPA capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. This position will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of our internal and external financial statements, as well as the review and documentation of technical accounting matters. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized and high aptitude for problem solving, as well as possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls in financial reporting that will enhance the accounting and overall finance function. This position reports to the Controller.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy
- Create and maintain monthly close and reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
- Perform and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze account variance review on a monthly and quarterly basis within defined thresholds for all P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Manage the preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes in accordance with US GAAP, ensuring all required disclosures are satisfied. Maintain detailed support for all footnote disclosures
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Manage compliance required per the company’s Credit Agreement
- Lead the implementation of ASC 842 - Leases
- Oversee the management of shared-based compensation, the 409a valuation and all related accounting and disclosures
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team
- Ensure auditor agreement with company decisions as related to financial statement disclosures and any accounting issues
- Manage communications with and coordination of the external auditors and ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Coordinate, develop and implement and maintain written policies and procedures related to financial reporting process to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Support month end and year end accounting close process and ensure accounting team adherence to all deadlines
- Participate in other projects as required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with experience preferably with public/private mix
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting and issue recognition experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!