Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst at Squarespace
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst to join our team. You will focus on all aspects of reporting and technical accounting matters and gain exposure to all departments across the company, helping the Finance team to achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
You will report to our Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Lead in our New York headquarters.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal reporting purposes
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with SEC rules for external reporting purposes (10Qs and 10K)
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility on a quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in research and documentation of conclusions related to technical accounting issues and developments including, but not limited to, ASC 606, ASC 718 and ASC 842
- Continue to develop and maintain reporting processes, procedures and documentation and internal controls over financial reporting
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participation in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc projects as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting functions, including direct experience with external reporting in accordance with the SEC and public accounting firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC best practices
- Experience with NetSuite and Workiva preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.