Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our financial risk and economics team is searching for a manager who will work cross functionally with our capital markets, accounting, finance and other teams to help monitor and mitigate financial risks across the firm. Financial risk and economics is a small but growing team that focuses on any potential market or financial risks that can stem from anything from MBS prices to production delays. Reporting to the Director of Financial Risk and Economics, this role will have an opportunity to make a huge impact across the company while helping to build out a core corporate function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the creation and refinement of VAR models for mortgage backed securities and mortgage servicing rights
- Maintaining and creating new financial models, for example cash flow and credit risk models
- Networking with other industry professionals to keep up to date with the latest trends in markets and risk management
- Analyzing various proprietary data to manage any internal production or credit risks to the firm
- Publishing regular risk reports to be presented to the executive team
- You have 3-5 years experience working in the mortgage capital markets space, ideally in risk management, trading, or research
- You have experience with statistics and/or financial modelling such as econometrics, VAR modelling, or cash flow analysis
- You have a deep understanding of fixed income instruments
- You are able to understand the intricacies of complex financial instruments, but also explain these succinctly and clearly to team members not from financial backgrounds
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to a quickly changing environment
- You have experience juggling multiple tasks and projects at any given time
- You are analytically driven with a strong understanding of data and the underlying methodologies used to inform decision making.
- You have critical attention to detail and an ability to effectively balance big-picture strategic work with execution.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.