Financial Systems Manager at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world
We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced leader to provide strategic direction of our financial system solutions as well as overall ownership including administration support. You’ll partner with our Finance team to redesign processes and better leverage automation to support financial operations. Report to the Director of Internal Audit to drive the implementation of controls through automation. Build out and drive the system’s roadmap for the Finance team.
Your primary responsibility over our finance systems is to manage the selection, drive the implementation or improvement of existing system(s) and ensure maintenance of those systems. This includes close collaboration with other functions, including Infrastructure, Business Transformation, etc., to ensure requirements are met across different levels of the company and systems and process needs are aligned and work efficiently. This role is strategic in building a world class finance organization that supports company initiatives and goals as well as provide insights through reporting that is accurate, reliable and timely.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Day to day administration and management of DO’s financial systems/applications
- Evaluate existing systems and determine the best course of action to ensure maximum value is derived from them
- Lead the effort to determine and implement the long-term ERP solution for DO
- Cultivate strong relationships within Finance and establish yourself as the team expert on Finance systems
- Collaborate with other teams on cross functional alignment areas or projects
- Drive the implementation of a roadmap that sets out a clear vision and timeline for finance systems that results in efficient processes through automated, improved controls, and alignment to DO’s objectives
- Perform systems analysis functions including, but not limited to: gathering and understanding business requirements, developing solutions, documenting systems and systems processes, configuring systems, designing and implementing systems integrations, and creating documentation
- Design and implement internal controls; execute control performance for user access administration, change management, reports and other automated controls
- Identify and advocate for external trainings or external expertise when needed
- Drive and manage change that so that it’s adopted by the team
- Contribute to the goal of making the Finance team a world class organization that meets public company expectations
- Experience administering financial systems, including cloud-based ERPs & demonstrated the ability to learn new ones
- Ability to think strategically about the selection of new financial systems
- Experience designing and implementing new processes through automation, including internal controls
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of business process / accounting workflows
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, as well as, communications
- Effective liaison between Finance & Infrastructure/IT/Security/Engineering teams, etc.
- Prior experience performing controls such as User Access, Change Mgmt, etc.
- Bonus capability: ERP implementation experience
- History of working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!