FinCrimes Investigator at Brex
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance at Brex
The Legal and Compliance team helps the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
As the FinCrimes Investigator, you will help build upon the foundations of the Brex Financial Crimes Investigations Team. You will review and report potential money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, and other violations of law. The right candidate will be able to synthesize large amounts of data in order to make informed decisions regarding customer activity and the risk it poses to the company. Clear communication is essential both in written investigations and verbal communication to senior management regarding potentially suspicious activity. You must be flexible and be able to adapt to a rapidly changing regulatory and business environment.
- Monitor unusual transactions and high-risk customers in support of regulatory reporting obligations, such as filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and Sanctions screening alerts/escalations
- Personally invest in the success of our internal controls, spot and scope opportunities for improvement, act as an owner
- Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods in order to monitor new typologies and emerging risks
- Lead the preparation and timely response to official inquiries, preparing internal and external memos in support of Senior Management
- Assist in developing and delivering internal Financial Crimes training
- 3+ years of experience across a variety of financial risk operations (Fraud, Credit, AML, Sanctions, Bribery/Corruption, Due Diligence, etc)
- Knowledgeable about relevant US financial regulations authorities (ex: FinCEN, FINRA, OFAC, etc.)
- Technical aptitude in understanding complex money movement across payment methods and rails
- Familiarity with interpreting and utilizing data analytics tools (SQL, Looker, Excel), including designing, debugging and organizing data for a wide audience
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team (Legal, Engineering, Product Management, Data) in designing operational work-streams and internal controls
- FinTech experience
- Insatiable curiosity
- Eagerness to learn
- Detail oriented
- Desire to build