FP&A Analyst at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
- Develop and own the company’s operating and financial forecast model
- Support the bi-annual budgeting process, providing functional support on revenue, expense and headcount planning to budget holders across the organization.
- Partner closely with key business stakeholders to understand detailed drivers of the business and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support business decisions
- Create in-depth analyses to identify strategic and growth opportunities, examine new market potential, assess competitive landscape, and develop business cases
- Support the company on special projects, including fundraising and new product pricing
- Report and analyze on customer level profitability with a thorough understanding of key profit drivers
- Deliver monthly reporting packages and KPI dashboards for presentation to the executive team and the Board of Directors
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, FP&A, corporate finance or accounting
- A mastery of Excel; must possess the ability to produce complex, dynamic three-statement financial models
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Results orientation with an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem