Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 300 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated FP&A Analyst to join our growing Finance team. As a FP&A Analyst, you will work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help drive the direction of Orchard’s fast-paced growth. You will enable senior leadership to make better business decisions and will work closely with them to evaluate, plan, execute, and measure strategic business initiatives. Given the strategic and operational nature of the role, you will work closely with members of the executive team.
This is a full-time role that will report into the FP&A manager and be based out of our growing New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Support the bi-annual budgeting process, providing functional support on revenue, expense and headcount planning to budget holders across the organization.
- Partner closely with key business stakeholders to understand detailed drivers of the business and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support business decisions
- Create in-depth analyses to identify strategic and growth opportunities, examine new market potential, assess competitive landscape, and develop business cases
- Support the company on special projects, including fundraising and new product pricing
- Report and analyze on customer level profitability with a thorough understanding of key profit drivers
- Deliver monthly reporting packages and KPI dashboards for presentation to the executive team and the Board of Directors
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, FP&A, corporate finance or accounting
- A mastery of Excel; must possess the ability to produce complex, dynamic three-statement financial models
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Results orientated with attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.