FP&A Analyst at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
OwnBackup is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst. This role will help design and manage the company’s annual business planning process, provide decision support through developing & monitoring company-wide metrics, and drive strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the ideal candidate possesses strong financial modeling skills and seeks the challenge of working with a growing, dynamic organization.
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis
- Work directly with the Director of FP&A to develop and implement an integrated business planning process (including long term planning, annual budgeting, and forecasting) to ensure all stakeholders contribute to the plan and assumptions are appropriately documented
- Ensure the rolling forecast model and budget accurately reflects the operational assumptions of the leadership team
- Regularly provide the leadership team with a rolling monthly forecast with actuals, along with variance analysis and explanations
- Run scenario analysis using the forecasting model
- Evaluate performance to plan and deliver insightful analytics to accelerate executive level decision making
- Assist department leaders in the development and monitoring of their respective budgets
- Decision Support
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Assist department heads with resource planning, including forecasting the demand for resources, planning for needs, and maximizing the productivity of existing project resources
- Evaluate proposed investments and the budgeting and reporting of capital expenditures across the company
- Ensure key business performance risks, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management
- Business Intelligence & Metrics
- Work with the management team to build and implement systems, processes, and reports that enhance the quality and availability of financial information and operational metrics
- Help improve upon current tools and processes for tracking, organizing, and communicating information, e.g., better ROI and LoE estimates, improved risk assessment, analysis of historical data, centralized project knowledge base, etc.
- Drive finance requirements into core systems across the company
- Provide benchmarking analysis against market data, industry standards, and peer groups
- Stakeholder Reporting
- Manage board and shareholder materials. Responsible for coordinating business unit contributions, reviewing and challenging actual vs forecast analysis provided, and assisting in ensuring clear messages are communicated
- Provide analysis, models, and presentations to other external stakeholders, including lenders, shareholders, investors, etc.
- Strategic Projects
- Assist management team in project prioritization, i.e., development of business cases, evaluation against strategic criteria, risk assessment, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the corporate development team to evaluate new investment opportunities and acquisitions by standardizing methodologies for analysis
- Work with the Director of FP&A in other areas with special projects as required
- 3 years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, consulting, private equity, or similar field involving complex analytics and critical thinking
- Strong financial modeling skills (operating and forecast models) are a must
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate large amounts of data and information into strategic and actionable insights and business recommendations
- Experience with CRM, BI tools, and enterprise accounting systems NetSuite, Salesforce, etc. are pluses
- Proven ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.