FP&A Manager at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The FP&A Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, and continuously improving our financial models and their utility for stakeholders across the company. This role will make use of data on past and future performance to drive decision making for the organization, focusing on the expense side of the business.How You'll Make An Impact
- Be a trusted advisor as a finance business partner. Help lead the financial planning and forecasting process across headcount and overhead investment in collaboration with the functional areas and leadership of the business.
- Support a regular and continuous forecast process by working with business unit owners to model and estimate financial results based on future action plans in coordination and in support of TFD’s strategy pillars – understanding and quantifying cost drivers, trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Report and present to the Executive Leadership group on financial performance including analysis of budget vs. actual results, producing insightful analyses and making actionable recommendations.
- Assist in developing and automating processes for operational and financial performance reporting
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc activities and strategic analyses across the FP&A function.
- Assist with preparation of Board presentation and investor reporting materials
- 6+ years of experience, preferably including high-growth businesses, and a background in FP&A, finance, consulting, investment banking or a Big 4 Corporate Finance function (business modelling, financial due diligence, valuations, lead advisory).
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting and accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with extensive analytical, financial forecasting and modeling experience, including creating financial models and analyses. Ability to create 3-statement financial models from the ground up is desirable.
- Experience with developing and maintaining headcount and fixed overhead forecasts & budgets will be viewed positively.
- Team player that can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve, strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with big picture orientation - capable of interpreting findings, and communicating valuable, actionable insights.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Unfazed by the challenges of developing systems and processes from scratch.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug