As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The FP&A Manager will help to build the FP&A function and will drive quarterly forecasting, the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis and special projects. The team will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing financial presentations, developing key reporting packages, capital expenditure analysis, identifying and tracking key KPIs, developing and tracking our staffing model and other projects requested by senior management. This role will report to the VP of FP&A.
- Drive Compass’s monthly forecasting, annual planning process, financial and operations analysis and quarterly earnings and forecasting process.
- Work with Director and team to establish FP&A as a center of analytical excellence to be shared with functional leaders across the organization.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance, including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, operating metrics and capital expenditures.
- Manage revenue, expense, and headcount forecasting, planning and analysis.
- Develop and prepare annual budget. Assist in setting annual budget targets, lead the company through the process and prepare the annual financial budget for presentation to executive management.
- Develop long term forecast for company on an annual basis.
- Cultivate deep partnership with Accounting.
- Assist the team in monthly and quarterly reporting including executive summary preparation and external reporting documentation for results.
- Improve operating teams’ understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis.
- Collaborate with operating teams and provide fact-based recommendations that improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience, which can be comprised of a mix of relevant experience. Degree in Finance. MBA in Finance preferred.
- Prior FP&A experience required.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Investment banking experience a plus.
- Systems implementation experience and process mapping skills a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the operating team. Positive, cooperative attitude. Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, both internal and external.
- Humble with ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior management, communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones.
- Experience producing insightful, actionable analysis for senior management, board members, investors and other stakeholders.
- Proactive individual seeking additional responsibility at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.