FP+A Manager at Common
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Develop the operating and financial plans required to achieve management’s long-term strategic goals
- Deliver annual budget and periodic cash flow forecasts to aid senior management in key decision making
- Drive performance accountability by setting credible stretch targets
- Partner with operational stakeholders to generate detailed analysis of actuals, budgets, and estimates
- Perform analysis to identify and manage risks and opportunities
- Build reporting packages for operational stakeholders, customize financial models for business level performance tracking, as needed
- Pitch recommendations based on analysis and understanding of business operations
- Ad hoc projects, including, but not limited to, process optimization, market research, and capital allocation
- BA/BS Degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, preferably including experience in real estate development or portfolio management
- Self-sufficient, highly analytical, and comfortable taking charge in a start-up environment
- Ability to deep dive into details, while at the same time summarize findings for executives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can do” attitude
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.