What you do day-to-day:
- Facilitate the annual budget and monthly forecast process, including analysis of consolidated subscriber growth and revenue projections and preparing board and management-level presentations
- Manage departmental cost center budgets and serve as a finance business partner to the respective budget owners
- Work closely with the accounting team to understand and analyze historical financial performance, as well as our Data & Insights team to model our subscriber growth and retention (and ensure that we are following data best practices)
- Work cross-functionally with various business and operational teams to analyze and incorporate go-forward business decisions into the financial rolling forecast model
- Provide ad hoc analysis and modeling to support ongoing business decisions as requested
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and leverage data to build insights about our markets, products and competitors
- Develop and deliver robust, consistent and accurate analysis of business performance using KPI dashboards and non-financial data to highlight performance
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners
- Support the Director in the development and ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency and improvement in business analysis and reporting
What you'll need to be successful:
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and model large volumes of data, interpret and identify pertinent issues, and communicate out insights in a meaningful and concise manner
- Excel wizardry – advanced formulas; pivot tables; modeling, etc.
- Advanced experience with SQL and large data sets
- Hands-on experience with one of the major BI tools (Chartio, Looker, etc.) is a major plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and guide non-finance teams with robust data and analysis
- Investment banking experience highly preferred but not required
Why you want this job:
- Impact: Leveraging and understanding our financial data is at the heart of our growth – your insights will be the foundation for many of our most strategic business decisions.
- Exposure: You will have a lot of exposure to the executive team and core operations of the company.
- Our growth: Skillshare is growing rapidly and we will need you to ensure our financial models and budgets give us visibility into our revenue and cash flow.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.