FP&A Manager at CB Insights
Build budgets. Simplify esoteric financial information. Business analytics.
Are you analytical, do you have a strategic mindset, can you roll up your sleeves….read further!
The role you'll play:
CB insights is growing rapidly and has subsequently opened a new role, FP&A Manager. Your primary responsibility will be budgeting, reporting, business partnering, and reforecasting. You will report to SVP of Finance and have direct visibility to senior management, as well as significant interaction with leadership across key functional areas. If you are results-driven, a self-starter who wants to work with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this job is for you!
About the team:
You will be a part of the finance, legal, and operations departments, a close knit team that possesses strong work ethics while knowing how to have a bit of fun along the way. Our team touches every department in the company, we assist in the growth of our organization and improve its effectiveness.
Your main tasks:
- Budget & Forecasting: responsible for all activities supporting annual operational and financial budgets, quarterly financial forecast updates, cash forecasting processes, analysis of variances and long-range strategic financial projections
- Business Partnering: execute month-end and quarter-end variance analysis and conduct monthly variance reviews and forecasting with department leaders
- Reporting: provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics. Utilizing BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- Create board deck materials for quarterly board meetings
- Supporting decision making, making recommendations to management, and driving business growth
- Own long-range model and plans
- Participate in ad-hoc strategic business analyses by creating thorough financial models and communicating findings in an insightful and actionable manner
What you bring to the table:
- P&L budgeting / forecasting experience required, with an emphasis on building driver-based forecasts
- Working knowledge of GAAP is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner, at all levels of the organization
- Highly detail-oriented, motivated self-starter with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills, G Suites and Powerpoint required
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!#LI-CI