FP&A Manager at Betterment
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating corporate-level decision-making at Betterment, guiding company-wide financial planning, and scaling new and existing financial processes. They maintain the company’s operating model, provide forward-looking analysis across the org to support business outcomes, and analyze capital allocation decisions. This role will report into the Head of Finance and join a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization. This group is a trusted advisor to business leaders to plan and project for the future but nimble when it comes to the conditions changing.Day in the life:
- Manage the company’s long-term financial model, including forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation, and long-range planning.
- Collaborate with business units to manage budgets, headcount reporting, and various special projects.
- Support those partners through data-driven insights to help make decisions and navigate challenges.
- Developing KPIs to track team- and company-level performance, and identifying opportunities for growth or increased efficiency.
- Build, maintain, and improve financial reporting to measure and track results against expectations.
- Communicate results and trends to management with appropriate recommendations for action when results drift from the forecast.
- Assist in preparing materials with the Head of Finance, including board decks, investors materials, and other executive updates.
- Partnering with Accounting to identify and execute on key milestones as the company matures.
- 4-7 years of industry experience with budgeting / planning, financial modeling, and decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity)
- Driven self-starter that enjoys rolling up your sleeves and building complex financial models in Excel or other planning applications.
- Familiarity with a quickly changing environment and ability to adapt on the fly.
- A knack for taking raw data, analyzing, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations.
- Ability to wear multiple hats -- act as a financial model guru, internal consultant, and business strategist.
- Strengths in working across disciplines to present and instantly build rapport with stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics preferred
- Experience in working with Netsuite, SQL, or Looker a plus.
- Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
- Join a Community:
- We’re not just your standard office but strive to make it a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) in and out of the office for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers across multiple offices (and remote folks) through various interest groups, sports clubs, meetups and social events.
- Stay Happy and Healthy:
- We offer a competitive suite of medical, dental, and vision benefits alongside gym reimbursements, yoga, and flexible parental leave.
- Enjoy team meals, stocked kitchens with snacks and all the seltzer and cold brew you could ever want.
- Vacation and personal days off are unlimited and paid. Work hard, travel, or relax when you like, and return refreshed.
- Enjoy our 401(k) service, provided by Betterment for Business, complimentary for our employees.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.