FP&A Sr. Analyst at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
As the FP&A Sr. Analyst on the Finance team, you will work directly with the Director of FP&A and other senior leaders to assist in financial planning, provide key business insights, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis across Stack Overflow business units. This position will have exposure to all aspects of the Stack Overflow business, from working with sales on revenue forecasting and new business initiatives to analyzing department-level investment decisions and budget management.
A key member of the Finance team at Stack Overflow, the FP&A Sr. Analyst will be focused on:
- Maintaining the Company Operating Plan: Assist with building, updating, and maintaining the forecast model for Stack Overflow’s three lines of business: Enterprise/Teams, Engagement Solutions, and Talent. Partner closely with accounting and other department leaders to create and communicate budgets and provide regular budget vs. actual analyses.
- Providing Key Business Insights: Develop and maintain KPIs across Stack Overflow’s business to provide key insights. Work cross-functionally to understand and manage company reporting data. Build financial models to analyze data and create actionable insights for senior leadership.
- Performing Ad Hoc Financial Analysis: As a key member of the finance team, conduct ad hoc financial analysis for both internal and external projects. Internally, assist in operational business improvements across various departments. For example, new product pricing, commission calculations, marketing ROI, etc. Externally, assist with ad hoc analysis for investors and other partners. For example, scenario forecasting, M&A analysis, etc.
What you'll do:
- Lead short-term and long-term financial planning, manage the company operating model
- Present financial summaries, trends, and business insights to senior management
- Work with accounting and department managers to tighten internal controls around budgeting and spend tracking
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) across all lines of business
- Lead ad hoc initiatives across different departments and business units
What you’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical finance role, prior operational FP&A experience within a technology company preferred
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.