FP&A & Strategic Planning Manager
Group Nine is currently seeking a Manager of FP&A and Strategic Planning, who participates in, and supports the strategic planning efforts for the organization. This includes strategy to drive growth and business improvements, as well as Merger and Acquisition strategy and execution. You will work with business leaders to identify and interpret issues/opportunities. You will act as a financial expert on cross-functional teams to build and prepare models, reviews assumptions and project costs and benefits associated with proposed strategies. This role will report to the CFO and will have exposure to the Brand Presidents and other members of the Senior Management.
- Lead long-range planning, annual budgeting, and monthly financial forecasting
- Manage company's operating and financial model (including, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Develop company-wide reporting process; provide monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Group Nine brands and departments
- Own and manage financial reporting systems; understand complex reporting goals for all revenue segments and be able to customize internal systems to achieve reporting goals
- Lead all business and corporate development activities such as in Product launches, Pricing, JVs, M&A, Fundraising, and Divestitures, through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Drive corporate strategy by constantly monitoring and aligning KPIs with the financial forecast
- Work with the CFO and company executives in the preparation of presentations for internal and external stakeholders (including all board, key executives, shareholders)
- Manage a team of senior analysts
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related required
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in leading FP&A, financial modeling and/or relevant analytical roles.
- Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Media sector and background in corporate finance via investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or management consulting
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of accounting concepts and is an expert in Microsoft Excel and other office suites (Strong knowledge of Macros and VBA is a plus)
- Highly personable, friendly and has the ability to forge relationships across the company
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, pro-active and able to manage multiple projects to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and with senior business leaders
- Independent thinker, motivated self-starter, and positive attitude
- Can operate in an extremely fast-growing organization with quickly shifting priorities and can adapt to changing, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Team player with curiosity and drive; collaboration is key
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.