The ability to process credit cards is critical to Teachable’s business model and overall Mission. The Fraud team, and specifically Fraud Analysts, ensure that Teachable maintains acceptable chargeback rates so that our payment processing activities can continue. In addition, Fraud Analysts play an important role in identifying and managing fraud across the platform, thus strengthening the integrity of our offering and further protecting the Company, its employees and our Creators.
- Overall goal is to minimize fraudulent activity, with the primary relevant metric being chargeback rate (CBR). Our goal is to never let our monthly CBR exceed 0.5% on any of Teachable’s native gateways
- Complete reviews of schools with first sales within one business day of the date of first sale
- Respond to all chargeback challenges within 2 business days
- Assess chargeback activity by school each business day when chargebacks occur and take appropriate action (e.g. contact Creators as needed and remove Creators when appropriate)
- Capturing meaningful data from schools with high “bad actor” activity (fraud, chargebacks, etc)
- Use Excel and other software tools (including our in house Staff app and Looker) to monitor Teachable customers for elevated levels of fraud and escalate actions accordingly, up to removing Creators from the platform
- Use critical thinking and analysis to determine whether schools and students are fraudulent under Teachable’s standards
- Correspond with customers via email to inform them of potential fraud and possible solutions
- Assist customers in disputing fraudulent transactions by entering data into our payment processor portal
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain complicated processes in writing in “plain English” to customers
- Familiarity with Excel and overall comfort with math/numbers
- 1-2 years of work experience in a technology-related environment (payment processing a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios
- Strong Interpersonal skills- emailing customers and adjusting email tone to reflect the situation
- Comfortability navigating social media platforms
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.