Greater NYC Area
The ability to process credit cards is critical to Teachable’s business model and overall Mission. The Fraud team, and specifically Fraud Analysts, ensure that Teachable maintains acceptable chargeback rates so that our payment processing activities can continue. In addition, Fraud Analysts play an important role in identifying and managing fraud across the platform, thus strengthening the integrity of our offering and further protecting the Company, its employees and our Creators.
- Overall goal is to minimize fraudulent activity, with the primary relevant metric being chargeback rate (CBR). Our goal is to never let our monthly CBR exceed 0.5% on any of Teachable’s native gateways
- Additional daily metrics include
Complete reviews of schools with first sales within one business day of the date of first sale
Respond to all chargeback challenges within 2 business days
Assess chargeback activity by school each business day when chargebacks occur and take appropriate action (e.g. contact Creators as needed and remove Creators when appropriate)
Capturing meaningful data from schools with high “bad actor” activity (fraud, chargebacks, etc)
- Use Excel and other software tools (including our in house Staff app and Looker) to monitor Teachable customers for elevated levels of fraud and escalate actions accordingly, up to removing Creators from the platform
- Use critical thinking and analysis to determine whether schools and students are fraudulent under Teachable’s standards
- Correspond with customers via email to inform them of potential fraud and possible solutions
- Assist customers in disputing fraudulent transactions by entering data into our payment processor portal
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain complicated processes in writing in “plain English” to customers
- Familiarity with Excel and overall comfort with math/numbers
- 1-2 years of work experience in a technology-related environment (payment processing a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios
- Strong Interpersonal skills- emailing customers and adjusting email tone to reflect the situation
- Comfortability navigating social media platforms
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description