Funding Analyst at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Capital Markets is Better’s primary revenue generator, with oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. By working with Product, Sales, and Marketing, we are creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com.
As a Funding Analyst, you will collaborate with your Capital Markets peers, as well as other mortgage operations stakeholders to ensure our loans are funded efficiently and securely on a daily basis. You will also have the opportunity to represent the company externally, specifically by liaising with warehouse operations staff to ensure prompt and accurate disbursements. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of our funding processes by performing a final QC on loan documentation, developing metrics and reporting for the Director of Capital Markets, and taking ownership of other initiatives to continue improving our funding work.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
- You are extremely diligent with high attention to detail.
- You thrive in a high pressure environment.
- You are a quantitative thinker and take a practical approach to problem solving.
- Previous funding experience a plus, but not required if you have a demonstrated ability to learn.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.