Funding Analyst at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homeownership journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Financial Products team consists of funding, debt/financing products, as well as the expansion into revenue generating strategic initiatives, such as Title and Homeowners Insurance. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making.
As a Funding Analyst, you will collaborate with your Financial Products peers, as well as other mortgage operations stakeholders to ensure our loans are funded efficiently and securely on a daily basis. You will also have the opportunity to represent the company externally, specifically by liaising with warehouse operations staff to ensure prompt and accurate disbursements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a daily pipeline of funding requests, spotting errors and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to solve them.
- Contributing to the development of our funding process by discovering and addressing any existing inefficiencies, whether it’s through leveraging SQL, Python, or an entirely new solution not yet used by the Funding team.
- Developing metrics and reporting for the Director of Financial Products and other team leadership.
- Taking ownership of other ad hoc initiatives and projects.
- You have 1-2 years of prior funding, or highly transferable (i.e. finance, accounting, treasury, or equivalent military), experience.
- You are extremely diligent with high attention to detail.
- You thrive in a high pressure environment.
- You are a data driven thinker and take a practical approach to problem solving.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.