Global Controller – New York City Based
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What you’ll do
The Controller will report to the Senior Vice President of Finance and have oversight and overall responsibility for the financial management and financial reporting of the company. The Controller will have day-to-day responsibility for all accounting related activities of the company including billing & collections, , as well as monthly, quarterly and year-end closes, lead audit activity and be a member of the senior finance management team.
The controller will work closely with the senior finance leadership team including the Vice President of FP&A and the Director of Tax to ensure accurate, timely reporting to the Senior Management Team and the Board of Director’s through quantitative and qualitative analysis and strategic decision making.
Management & Leadership:
- Direct responsibility for all accounting systems and functions ·
- Mentor and develop direct reports, manage work allocation, train, resolve problems and perform evaluations
- Design, establish and maintain organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish individual, department and company goals and objectives
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Accounting department
Accounting, Admin & Compliance:
- Oversee and implement effective internal controls; ensure the Company maintains compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Develop and refine the Company’s accounting policies and procedures, and oversee internal audits to ensure effective implementation
- Assisted by the Assistant Controllers, oversee the monthly accounting close function and review associated work papers and statements
- Provide management oversight and direction for the Company’s Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Supervise cash management activities including the review of timely collections of receivables, Positive Pay activities, timely funding of payroll and vendor disbursements and review of cash balances for adequacy and fund transfer recommendations
- Ensure successful completion of the Company’s financial audits, tax returns, and regulatory filings
- Conduct analytical reviews of the Company’s operation from a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Assist in the Company’s budgeting and planning process.
- Review all financial plans and compare to actual and prior year results with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate
Who you are
- BS in Accounting; CPA or CMA required
- 8-10 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in tech or advertising industry
- Strong understanding of US GAAP; prior leadership role in financial audits
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages