Global Head of Payroll at Noom
Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
Our People team is seeking a Global Head of Payroll to lead Noom’s payroll team in delivering strategic and operational solutions to our end-to-end payroll process. This position will play a crucial role in establishing our scaling global payroll operations and supporting our organizational growth. This role will be responsible for deploying new jurisdictions as it aligns with Noom’s strategic plans, establishing policies and to foster continuous evolution of operational processes. The Head of Global Payroll will also be responsible for building and managing a team that is driven by servicing and creating a world class experience for employees. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, including equity, finance, benefits and legal teams, and act as an escalation point for payroll-related matters.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage end-to-end global payroll operations
- Oversee multiple payroll workstreams & schedule to ensure the timely preparation, processing, maintenance and appropriate distribution of payroll information, time & attendance records, payroll reports, and tax year-end reports
- Direct and audit payroll procedures to include earnings, garnishments, tax withholding, and absence processing globally and ensure compliance with organizational procedures
- Lead special projects as they pertain to payroll operations & compliance:
- Support our global expansion initiatives in project management of global payroll system & service implementations to ensure alignment across other upstream and downstream systems
- Support system implementation of new equity management tool(s)
- Lead discovery & communications and change management of all payroll controls in compliance with SOX requirements
- Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare payroll forecasts and analyze final payroll reports for all variances
- Balance & reconcile to financial general ledger
- Track & report on bonus & severance accruals
- Run, prepare and create payroll reports as necessary for financial reporting, ad-hoc requests while ensuring accuracy of information and proper presentation
- Continuous development of scalable processes that support the company’s hyper-growth
- Identify & strategically plan for sustainable payroll system enhancements to drive efficiency, productivity and quality
- Drive process standardization, automation, and continuous process improvement of payroll processes
- Procure new vendors and manage existing relationships for Payroll systems, establishing SLAs & KPIs to ensure service delivery and drive efficiency
- Ensures payroll processes are administered in compliance with SOX requirements, internal company policies and applicable country, federal and state regulations.
- Lead all payroll related year-end audits and ad-hoc requests related to financial or tax audits
- Responsible for tax compliance including the filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax reports, filing amended reports and complying with business registrations.
- Responsible for all UI claims
- People & Project Management
- Provide tactical direction to the payroll team
- Coach, mentor and lead the payroll team
- Provide a world class service model for employees
What We Look For:
- At least 8 years of experience specific to Payroll, ideally last (2-3 years managing a team with global scope)
- Experience with private companies/LLCs and/or public companies
- Knowledge of leading payroll across multiple geographies with a high level of local needs
- Extremely data-driven and can drive big picture to the ground level
- HR People Management and development, especially in scaling the function/team
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong understanding of interdependencies with cross functional stakeholders (equity, tax, accounting, FP&A, legal, compensation, benefits)
- Excellent prioritization skills: Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment by prioritizing situations which require a sense of urgency.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve results.
- Embodies a "can do" mentality, and acts as an ambassador to Noom culture and values.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- This is a full-time position that offers competitive compensation. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.