YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us!
About the Role
This is a leadership role supporting our Chief Investment Officer and Investment team. As the General Manager of Investments and Originations, you will champion hyper growth through technology, process improvement and business transformation. You are a proven operations executive and have built and managed organizations. The GM will work with a team of Investment Directors to create strategic initiatives that will lead to exceeding YieldStreet investment objectives and goals. We are a mission driven team, united with the belief of “Prosperity for All” and are growing rapidly.
Create a Strategy for the Business:
- The GM will be responsible for partnering with the Investment Directors/Portfolio Managers to build profitable business units across various asset classes
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for a rapid scaling operational capacity through automation, process improvements, rapid response times, and bottleneck elimination
- Maintain an understanding of departmental costs, services, and products in order to effectively create a sufficient team structure
- Encourage your team to think creatively and outside the box as the company grows
- The GM will be responsible for investment pipeline management and originator sourcing funnel management against the forecast
Team Management and Growth:
- Actively shape the YieldStreet Investment team growth by creating processes that will optimize and streamline best practices
- Create and implement a growth roadmap collaborating with each investment head/portfolio manager in regards to hiring, training and development, and department growth
- Partner and train Investment Directors to conduct annual reviews and set comprehensive goals for performance and growth of the scaling team
- Oversee all administrative functions including; reporting, Salesforce management, pipeline/deal tracking and reviewing all business plans submitted by Investment Directors ensuring smooth daily operations
- Partner with department heads to create a cohesive and and effective cross-functional collaboration amongst the Investment team as well as other teams such as Data Science, Tech & Product, and Finance etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA from top-tiered school preferred
- 8-10 years of leadership experience in building and executing team structures; particularly in a scaling organization
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Experience with best practices for hiring and talent development
- Capable of maintaining organizational budgets and communicating any constraints in a timely manner
- Experience in creating profitable business units or products is a must. No investment or finance industry experience is necessary
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!