Government Insuring Auditor at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is growing and we’re looking for a Government Insuring Auditor to join our Post Closing team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
The Government Insuring Auditor will review required documents and work in various systems including government insuring sites, Encompass, and our proprietary technology. This individual will be responsible for documenting new and existing insuring processes in Encompass and ongoing testing and development.What you’ll do as a Government Insuring Auditor:
- Responsible for audit process for designated agency, including credit and collateral documents
- Build loans in accordance with government agency requirements.
- This process requires that the Specialist is fully knowledgeable of the particular agency requirements and all process changes as the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Veterans Affairs publish them
- Update Government Insuring Applications to reflect that status of the loan and document deficiencies identified, including entry of all exceptions, dates and curative efforts
- Manage Pipeline effectively and balance timelines within identified SLAs
- Data entry of key FHA & VA loan information into the FHA automated system (FHA Connection) and of loan summary sheet into VA’s Web application
- Review all loan details (VA Summary Sheet) to ensure all information contained is accurate and complete as this is crucial to the insurance of the loan.
- Upon completion of audit, electronic case binders are saved to Encompass and all audit packages must be submitted to associated agencies within 1 day of request
- 3-4 years of mortgage experience and understanding of the closing / mortgage transaction process
- Prior government insuring experience FHA, VA, USDA required
- Familiar with both FHA and VA submission requirements
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task and time manage to maximize output
- A self starter with strong integrity to work in the best interest of consumer and in compliance with all federal guidelines and agency requirements
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.