Head of Finance at Block Renovation
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:48 a.m. (EST) on Monday, June 14, 2021
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
You are the steward of our company’s fiscal health and sustainability. You will lead financial responsibilities of a growing company, from financial planning & analysis to accounting, budgeting, pricing, and working capital optimization. You’ll help deploy capital in the smartest way, and are able to operate both at the high level and the granular detail. You have a strong understanding of unit economics, and will be a vocal thought partner in strengthening Block’s unit economics and profitability over time. You are hands-on internal finance operator as well, tackling day-to-day financial responsibilities in the business.
You are comfortable in a dynamic and evolving business, and we trust you to work closely with stakeholders to balance different tradeoffs. You have insane attention to detail and a relentlessness drive to improve our business performance.
You are also a systems-thinker by nature -- constantly finding scalable ways to improve processes, increase efficiency, save money, and quality of outcomes. You can consider downstream and upstream impacts of decisions, and their implications with scale.
Key day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop financial models to help drive strategic business decisions
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks, especially with respect to IRR
- All internal financial activities, including processing of customer and vendor payments
- Strategic cost / investment decision making
- Set up and oversee the company’s financial tools / technologies
- Work closely with business stakeholders to establish processes that ensure data accuracy / quality as we scale
- Partner with cross functional teams to manage spend in the smartest way possible
- Corporate fundraising strategy
- Build data infrastructure for scalability
- Conduct analytics to support and drive business goals
- Optimize reporting to influence business performance and team behaviors
- Highly ambitious and goal-oriented
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, consulting or private equity / venture capital preferred
- Able to build for long term, but also able to find efficient short-term solutions
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Demonstrates Company Philosophies
- Early stage employee equity
- Vacation days and company holidays
- 100% employer subsidized health insurance, dental, vision
- 12 weeks fully paid family leave + optional leave
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage
Read Full Job Description