Head of FP&A at HUMAN
At HUMAN we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
HUMAN’s Finance team mission is to provide strategic, financial, & decision support across the company. Build extraordinary processes and activities to enable organizational Tau and scale. Do the best work of our lives and build great leaders along the way .
We’re looking for the Head of FP&A to join our leadership team. This person will be the head of all of Finance Planning and Analysis and will be tasked with being a key business partner to the CEO, CFO, as well as the rest of the Department Heads at HUMAN. This role will report directly to the CFO.What you will do:
- Be a key business partner to CEO, CFO, and HUMAN executives to provide both ongoing financial reporting as well as identify and measure key projects to drive business model improvements
- Hire, coach, and mentor FP&A team (currently 2 individuals)
- Oversee, prepare and manage budget and forecasts for the entire company as well as individual departments
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Work with CEO/COO/CFO to develop quarterly Board of Director reporting, presentations, and ad-hoc analysis and interaction as needed
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance. Supervise the preparation of monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted)
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Drive corporate finance and business development work
- Drive financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS required; major in accounting, finance, or business/economics preferred
- 10+ years minimum experience with time spent in investment banking, corporate finance, as well as a high-growth technology startup
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with a deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing across multiple levels of an organization including BOD/C-level
- Ability to delve into the detail as well as take a higher-level view
- Ability to manage several priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), with experience in Intacct/NetSuite and Adaptive Planning systems a plus
- Ready to embrace fast pace with a good sense of humor
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.