Head of FP&A at Policygenius
About the role...
The Finance team is at the heart of everything Policygenius does and the Head of FP&A will have a pivotal role in the growth of our company. Through building and scaling our financial planning & analysis function, you will have a significant impact on the business. Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, this role will work closely with other stakeholders across Policygenius to develop our financial strategy and to bring a finance mindset to all of our Company initiatives.
In the past year, we’ve gone from under 300 to almost 600 employees and continue to grow at a rapid rate. We are looking for a talented and passionate leader to help us reach the next level of scale. Join the team in this exciting inflection point and help build the future of Policygenius for us and the millions of people we're helping get the financial protection they need!
In this role you will...
- Continue building the foundation for our FP&A operations (people, processes, and systems) to enable better decision making for the company and its stakeholders
- Lead company-wide annual and monthly forecasting processes, including the development of budgets and financial targets
- Function as the key finance partner for the most senior business leaders in the company and build out a team that partners with all of Pg’s department heads to provide strategic financial support
- Scale and develop a high-performing team, focusing on organizational design, professional development, and hiring
- Support colleagues on financial issues impacting their areas of accountability and help build/enhance reporting to provide insights and analysis for key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the VP of Accounting and the rest of the finance team to analyze and report out on budgeted results and when necessary, reforecasting to shape decision-making
- Provide accurate, timely, and actionable monthly reporting on key business metrics to operating teams, company leadership, and other groups as necessary
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 10+ years of financial planning and analysis, strategy, business unit CFO, private equity, or investment banking experience. MBA preferred but not required
- You have a demonstrated history of creating and building out management reporting for key financial and non-financial metrics and creating processes for planning and reporting; experience doing so in a high-growth start-up and/or public company environment would be beneficial
- You have strong management skills and the ability to hire and develop high-performing teams, including experience managing managers
- You have advanced modeling and presentation skills; experience in Excel, Google Docs, and Adaptive Insights or similar systems
- You have a history of being a strong strategic financial partner to senior business leaders
- You are excellent at analytical and conceptual problem-solving and have the ability to multitask; with demonstrated success working in an independent, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- You have a passion for numbers & precision; you understand the importance of company financials and do not compromise on accuracy
- You have the ability to dig into and understand a business, knowledge of financial statement analysis, and experience with capital planning
- You boast excellent customer focus, a service mentality, and the desire to partner with internal stakeholders
- You are an extraordinary communicator, both verbally and in writing
- You have an energetic, go-getter mentality, a “no job too big or small” attitude, and a passion for the Policygenius mission
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers; even though we're all remote right now, our culture remains unshakeable!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!