Head of Internal Audit
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Head of internal Audit
- Prepare and implement a risk-based annual audit plan to assess adequacy and effectiveness of financial reporting, operational and risk management controls.
- Collaborate with the second line of defense (Head of Risk) to support the development of the annual audit plan based on the enterprise risk assessment.
- Execute audits with the first line of defense (management) through walkthroughs and evaluation of supporting artifacts/evidence to verify that internal controls are being followed.
- Report results of audit engagements to the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Collaborate with management to ensure audit issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related field, or commensurate work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of financial and IT audit experience in the financial services industry or Minimum of 5 years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- Deep, extensive knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Experience managing and executing audits
- Good communication skills; teamwork oriented
- Understanding of IFRS and GAAP standards
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.