Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Head of Investor Relations will be DigitalOcean’s point person for all interactions with the investment community. You will play an important role in shaping the financial narrative of DigitalOcean and will act as the voice of the investor internally. You will also be critical in building and expanding DigitalOcean’s long term investor base, liaising with existing shareholders as well as identifying and marketing to new prospective investors.What You'll Be Working On:
- Creating a strategic investor relations plan, identifying key potential shareholders and developing an investor message which is in line with DigitalOcean’s goals and values
- Building relationships in the investor community with both existing shareholders as well as new
- Providing investor insights and perspectives to the Executive team
- Proactively educating the investor community on DO’s operations and objectives
- Assisting in the development, tracking and reporting of key operational and financial metrics working closely with FP&A and operating units
- Responsible for maintaining and updating guidance model, as well as tracking performance against expectations. Understand best practices for target setting and reporting of key operating metrics.
- Crafting presentations, press releases, and talking points for all investor-facing material
- Collaborating with Product, Finance, Marketing, Legal to ensure communicators are aligned with company strategy
- Maintaining competitive analysis and tracking peer benchmarks
- Assessing the mix of the investor base and creating plans to target and attract long-term investors, to expand and maintain key investors’ ownership positions
- Demonstrated ability of building strong relationships in the investor community
- Monitor industry trends and provide practical and meaningful Investor Relations support to senior management including counseling and advising executives in regard to conference calls, external presentations, financial releases, and investor visits
- Proactive, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills, who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to work at a fast pace
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Previous experience with SaaS/subscription business models preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Financial analysis and/or accounting background strongly preferred
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!