Head of Strategy & Finance at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with $250mm+ in permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Redesign Health is looking for a Head of Strategy & Finance. In this role, you will be responsible for deepening and expanding Redesign’s relationships across all forms of capital and investors, enhancing our approach to financial reporting, business intelligence, and fundraising across the Redesign portfolio, and providing thought partnership to our CEO on Redesign’s own capital allocation strategy. As part of establishing this function, the Head of Strategy & Finance will also be responsible for building a team to scale our approach to capital. The ideal candidate should have strong entrepreneurial drive; excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills; a thorough understanding of financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis; and knowledge of the venture ecosystem. The Head of Strategy & Finance will report to the CEO at our NYC headquarters.Responsibilities:
- Capital Partnerships
- Deepen relationships with existing Redesign investors (100+) while also building new relationships amongst VCs, institutional investors, large family offices, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, and the broader financial community.
- Develop the infrastructure for regular communications and outreach to our investor community.
- Develop an investor CRM to centralize and build institutional knowledge about our investors in order to proactively surface specific and mutually beneficial opportunities for partnership.
- Portfolio Company Fundraising
- Develop close relationships with Redesign CEOs and help them to strategically and proactively evaluate current and future capital requirements.
- Quarterback the capital raises for our operating companies from the Redesign side, while developing a systematic and efficient fundraising playbook for our founding teams.
- Guide and coach Redesign CEOs on narrative development and storytelling.
- Support Redesign CEOs through the diligence process and term sheet negotiation.
- Explore creative and alternative funding models (e.g. less non-dilutive options) for our operating companies.
- Financial Planning & Processes
- Audit the FP&A practices within our portfolio and develop a set of best practices to share with our new operating companies.
- Establish a foundation for tracking business performance and KPIs of our operating companies and lay the groundwork for financial controls and future financings.
- Act as a thought partner for Redesign CEOs as they build out their finance, accounting, and strategy teams.
- Redesign Platform
- Act as a thought partner to our CEO regarding our broader capital allocation strategy.
- Provide capital related thought partnership to our Head of New Ventures as his team evaluates new concepts and business models.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or statistics with a record of high academic achievement.
- 8 years+ of strategic finance and professional services experience in investing and/or corporate development.
- Fluency in business model analysis and investment thesis development.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing financial data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders to drive outcomes and decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in using data to craft a compelling company narrative and raising or investing early stage capital.
- Experience working with and building highly cross-functional teams.
- Exposure to venture capital or private equity preferred.
- Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to form deep trust based relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Deep understanding of P&L and profitability analyses, and a working knowledge of accounting.
- Motivated individual contributor with hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides).
What Redesign is all about:
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.