Head of Tax at Via
As Head of Tax, you will manage the tax strategy and compliance for Via at the federal, state, local and international levels.
- Design and execute short and long-term tax strategies in support of Via’s international expansion.
- Manage external tax advisors to support key tax projects and initiatives.
- Manage the global tax calendar and oversee preparation and filing of all federal, state, local, and international tax compliance obligations.
- For new domestic and international markets, identify tax compliance and reporting requirements and manage timely tax registrations.
- Manage Via’s transfer pricing policy and maintain required transfer pricing documentation
- Prepare the consolidated income tax provision for the US parent and foreign operations
- At least 8 years of experience working at a Big 4, or multi-national in-house tax department with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field.
- Have familiarity with international tax laws, treaties, tax withholding and financing structures including experience researching tax laws and regulations.
- Strong executor; people think of you as someone who delivers. You get the job done, while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Savvy communicator; you are comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and intuitively find the right style to use in different situations
- Ability to distill complex analysis into clear and simple presentations. You are also comfortable verbally discussing your analysis and recommendations
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.