Head of Tax at Vimeo
The Vimeo Head of Tax reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a highly visible role within our growing organization, taking full accountability of all federal and state income tax. The tax function encompasses tax structuring, tax compliance, tax accounting, tax reporting, and tax planning and will work cross-functionally with multiple departments to achieve success.
What you'll do:
- Ensure compliance with the US tax requirements, perform technical research and analysis on a variety of tax questions, including state and local taxes.
- Advise management team on tax impact of business decisions. Identify and communicate tax-planning opportunities.
- Oversee the necessary global tax accounting, planning, compliance, and policy functions
- Ensure accurate, timely filing and payment of consolidated federal, state and local income, sales and excise tax returns.
- Plan and manage relationships with external tax advisors and tax compliance vendors, determine the scope of their work, and review deliverables.
- Manage the US corporate federal and local tax compliance process with internal and external parties including tax provisions, annual returns, and quarterly tax estimates.
- Analyze cross jurisdictional business transactions for tax impacts, and ramifications
- Perform business transactions tax due diligence
- Coordinate tax integration of acquired business, new tax strategies, structures, or initiatives
- Effectively partner with business teams and Sr. management on diverse tax matters
- Perform tax planning and tax modeling exercises
- Prepare tax technical memorandum
- Design governance program and implement tax policies / procedures
- Manage third party service providers throughout the structuring process
- Active participation in review of diverse sets of tax deliverables
- Liase and manage tax examinations, inquiries, and negotiations
- Knowledge of compliance with GAAP and SEC tax accounting issues, including UTPs (FIN48)
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in tax or accounting required
- CPA required
- Approximately 10-15+ years of hands-on experience
- Combination of public accounting and technical industry experience required
- Experience analyzing and advising on sales tax and corporate income tax obligations across different US states
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness and ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to impart knowledge, train and develop less experience staff
- Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.