Inventory Accountant at Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is seeking an Inventory Accountant to be based in Manhattan and report to the Supply Chain Accounting Supervisor. The Inventory Accountant will be responsible for all financial and accounting activities related to assigned Inventory G/L's, processes and financial entities. This position will need to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of Moda’s accounting structure and areas to improve processes and efficiencies. This role requires organization and skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing and dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Perform detailed financial statement analysis, prepare, compile and document accounting related journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare, process and review complex journal entries and account reconciliations for the Accounting Team to ensure financial results are accurate and timely.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to support effective decision making.
- Assist in research and troubleshooting by liaising with the tech team on any inventory discrepancies
- Effectively monitor and participate in the monthly close process and support budget and forecast activities.
- Prepare reconciliation of all inventory related accounts.
- Prepare Department P&L's and review with team leaders to ensure accurate reporting
- Assist AP manager with analysis of open vendor deposits.
- Assist in VAT reconciliations and filings
- Collaborate with other departments to learn and enhance business processes related to inventory
- Assist with Accounting Team on cross-functional projects.
- Constant review of current processes and make recommendations/implementations for improvement
- Assist Senior Controller and Accounting team in preparation of Financial Statements and year-end Audit
- BS in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Systems (Preferably Netsuite) and Excel
- Get excited partnering with colleagues outside of accounting
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects and establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a resourceful problem solver when resources are scarce and information is incomplete
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting required; CPA/MBA a plus. Experience in accounting e-commerce companies is a double bonus.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established and emerging designers, straight from the runway and designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace and “Trunk Show” model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products and technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators and consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought and sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, and customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments and Condé Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology and data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, and increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.