Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.About the Role:
Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better. As an investment advisor representative on our Licensed Concierge team, you’ll be tasked with bringing this mission to life for our highest value prospects and customers. You are the primary voice of the company and relish using your financial advisory chops and industry knowledge to help individuals explore and ultimately choose Betterment as their primary money manager. You appreciate going above and beyond the call of duty to delight people and take pride in acting within a fiduciary capacity at all times.
You’ll be joining a small and scrappy team and are comfortable coming up with creative solutions to problems to get the job done. You are interested in helping to build out and scale the Licensed Concierge offering, our product, and ultimately improve how we service our customers. At the end of the day, our team is more like an extended family and the idea of joining a tight-knit group excites you.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual salary of $77,000 + commissions, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.A Day in the Life:
- Conduct personal consultations with select higher balance prospects and customers who are looking to learn more about Betterment, the options available to them here, and ultimately provide guidance throughout the funding process
- Educate customers on how to use our tools and strategies to build stronger relationships and more complete product adoption
- Deliver an above-and-beyond customer experience through multiple channels including phone, email, and screen share
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple partner teams to find rapid resolutions
- Consistently find ways to improve our team’s communications and further understand and define our target customer for outreach
- Collaborate cross functionally with stakeholders on new product or marketing initiatives for outreach opportunities
- Share the “voice of the customer” to the broader company, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product and improve company processes (e.g., website, FAQ, UI/UX, back office procedures, etc.)
- Series 65 (or equivalent: Series 63 and Series 66 ; CFP® designation ; Series 7)
- Prior experience working directly with customers and prospects in an investment advisory sales capacity
- Knowledge of investment products, services, and common financial advisory concepts
- Ability to read and understand complex financial documents and statements, and general knowledge of financial laws and regulations
- Excellent operational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a special ability to build trust and communicate complex concepts clearly
- Tech savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries (CRM, portfolio manager, and other internal tools)
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating and sharing ideas
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote