Investment Advisor Representative at Betterment
Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better. As an Investment Advisor Representative on our Licensed Concierge team, you’ll be tasked with bringing this mission to life for our highest value prospects and customers. You are the primary voice of the company and relish using your financial advisory chops and industry knowledge to help individuals explore and ultimately choose Betterment as their primary money manager. You appreciate going above and beyond the call of duty to delight people and take pride in acting within a fiduciary capacity at all times.
You’ll be joining a small and scrappy team and are comfortable coming up with creative solutions to problems to get the job done. You are interested in helping to build out and scale the Licensed Concierge offering, our product, and ultimately improve how we service our customers. At the end of the day, our team is more like an extended family and the idea of joining a tight-knit group excites you.A Day in the Life:
- Conduct personal consultations with select higher balance prospects and customers who are looking to learn more about Betterment, the options available to them here, and ultimately provide guidance throughout the funding process
- Educate customers on how to use our tools and strategies to build stronger relationships and more complete product adoption
- Deliver an above-and-beyond customer experience through multiple channels including phone, email, and screen share
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple partner teams to find rapid resolutions
- Consistently find ways to improve our team’s communications and further understand and define our target customer for outreach
- Collaborate cross functionally with stakeholders on new product or marketing initiatives for outreach opportunities
- Share the “voice of the customer” to the broader company, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product and improve company processes (e.g., website, FAQ, UI/UX, back office procedures, etc.)
- FINRA Series 65 or equivalent (required)
- Prior experience working directly with customers and prospects in an investment advisory sales capacity
- Knowledge of investments products, services, and common financial advisory concepts
- Ability to read and understand complex financial documents and statements, and general knowledge of financial laws and regulations
- Excellent operational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a special ability to build trust and communicate complex concepts clearly
- Tech savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries (CRM, portfolio manager, and other internal tools)
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating and sharing ideas
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.