Investment Associate (Credit Underwriting) at Yieldstreet
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:02 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us!
About this role
Our Investment Team is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful and team-oriented credit underwriting professional. The Associate will report to the Associate Director of Investments and will play an integral part in the growth of YieldStreet's platform. In this role, you will be responsible for the screening and diligencing of potential transactions which includes the completion of a full credit underwrite, preparation of credit committee memoranda, development of investor facing materials, and coordination of the final closing. We have deployed over $1.0B to-date across all asset classes and are looking to grow to $1.0B plus per year.
What you’ll do
- Lead underwriting on structured loan transactions.
- Collect and analyze Originator and Credit Opportunity information to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Develop financial models and other Excel based tools to assess the Credit Opportunity related to risk.
- Articulate financial concepts and information pertaining to Credit Opportunities through a written memorandum for internal and external audiences.
- Accurately collect and organize Originator and Credit Opportunity pipeline information for weekly team meetings.
- Develop financial models to monitor the performance of portfolio investments and provide quarterly updates.
- Assist in tasks across functions including: origination, underwriting, structuring, portfolio management, operations, technology and marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-6 years of transactional based credit underwriting experience
- Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance or assessing risk exposure
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal Execution Oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced startup environment
- Project Management
- Action oriented
- Manages ambiguity
- Communicates effectively
- Financial Acumen
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!
Read Full Job Description