Thank you for your interest in joining the Yieldstreet team! Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have slowed our hiring and are being thoughtful about which roles we bring on that are critical to our business at this time. We are carefully reviewing all applications on a regular basis and will be in touch should we deem your application a good fit for this position. We appreciate your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
Our mission is to empower people by helping them realize their next level, and we remain committed to supporting our employees, investors, and community during this global crisis. Here's how we're responding to the outbreak.
About the Role
Yieldstreet is looking for an Investment Operations Associate to help manage our high growth organization. You will be responsible for tasks essential to maintaining the operational excellence of Yieldstreet's investment process including: maintaining banking operations, building best practices and tools for servicing and monitoring investments, and resolving complex investor inquiries.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in transitioning out of a bank or fund who is passionate about Yieldstreet’s mission to help investors Realize Their Next Level. You recognize the need for more people to access alternative investments and want to help us on our journey putting millions of people on the path to financial independence!
What you'll do:
- Manage a portfolio of alternative investments spanning multiple asset classes
- Develop tools and templates for servicing and monitoring of investments
- Facilitate the collection of data and information on current investments; review weekly, monthly, quarterly and as necessary
- Prepare quarterly investor updates and liaise with the Originations and Investor Relations teams to obtain and share investment information
- Distribute incoming interest and principal payments to investors; manage inflows and outflows of more than $4MM weekly
- Manage the draw on and payment of our $250MM warehouse facility
- Interact with General Counsel to prepare the required legal documentation for deal transactions
- Gather and track inflows and outflows of cash from our SPV and relay the information to our Head of Finance
- Identify and resolve complex client issues and concerns surrounding payments, interest calculation method, and payment processing
- Assist in tasks across functions including; originations, underwriting, structuring, operations, technology and marketing
- Troubleshoot complex investor onboarding issues surrounding KYC and Account Verification
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in banking operations
- Basic understanding of loan documentation
- Experience with money movement policies and procedures
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with various departments
- High attention to detail and a problem solving mindset
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of alternative investments
- Understanding of the lifecycle of Special Purpose Vehicles
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites! We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown and our building is close to most major subway lines.
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.