Cadre is building a technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, opening up access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments.
Cadre is looking for an Investment Product Specialist to join our Sales Team. You will serve as an embedded journalist, editor and producer working in close partnership with the larger Commercial and Investments, Technology and Legal teams to successfully create real estate investment content relating to new products, as well as existing fund and deal-by-deal offerings. You will have an opportunity to be involved in and responsible for a broad range of cross-functional project management activities, serving as a liaison between internal and external partners, to deliver unparalleled perspectives on real estate markets and help increase awareness, engagement and conversion of investors across our three client segments: individuals, intermediaries, and institutions. As a successful candidate, you have a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, as well as a meticulous attention to detail with phenomenal writing skills. You are also highly motivated and bring relevant work experience, including previous exposure to commercial real estate, asset management, financial services and/or investment management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as one of the primary, investor-facing representatives for Cadre within the broader alternative investments community at conference, press, or media events.
- Serve as the primary real estate specialist supporting the Sales Team in responding to highly technical questions asked or diligence conducted by individuals, intermediaries or institutions.
- Liaise with the Investments Team to reflect investor feedback/sentiment, gain pipeline insight, understand deal underwriting assumptions, and coordinate on deal launches.
- Serve as the primary resource to train Sales Team on investment merits and considerations for new deal-by-deal, fund or other investment product offerings.
- Help create and propel Cadre’s content ecosystem to be the preeminent source of thought leadership within real estate investing.
- Develop and deliver insightful content to articulate our investment theses to existing and potential investors.
- Work with the Director of Content Marketing to drive creation and production of real estate- and investment-related content across different media platforms including display, audio, web and print.
- Intimately understand each of our primary audiences (individuals, intermediaries and institutions), as well as the personas within them.
- Demonstrate awareness for how our voice, tone and unique selling proposition should vary by audience or persona.
- Serve as the primary team resource for creation of highly technical investment product materials, owning all parts of the process including ideation, copywriting, design, editing, and distribution.
- Apply sound understanding and use of real estate, finance, investment and valuation concepts or techniques.
- Clearly articulate Cadre’s distinguishing characteristics, competitive and sustainable advantage, investment philosophy, and investment process.
- Generate content for new products or existing products, including but not limited to deal pages, white papers, PPMs, scripts for webcasts, press briefs, topical research, investment performance commentary, and investor reporting.
- Ensure content adheres to industry regulations and compliance standards.
- Closely partner with key stakeholders, building strong relationships with internal and external partners to glean timely and concise insights.
- Develop detailed working knowledge of Cadre’s investment products, capabilities, and personnel.
- Educate and engage with the broader Commercial and Investments team on current offerings and development of future investment products based on insights from investor demand and competitive landscape.
- Continue to learn and understand the implications and impact of news events and economic forces on the industry and the asset class.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness by seeking out new and creative sources of data, information, real estate investment strategies, and opportunities to position Cadre better.
- Participate in calls and meetings with institutional investors, investment advisors, and other industry participants to expand your and Cadre’s network.
- Assist in creation of Advisory Board materials.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- A minimum of 12+ years of related investment experience; experience working with sophisticated institutional and/or investment advisor clients within an investment management or asset management firm is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, finance, or other related field (e.g. accounting, real estate, economics).
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required. Active CFA or CAIA credentials.
- Deep technical understanding of commercial real estate and common investment strategies within the asset class is a must; experience across multifamily, office, industrial, and hospitality is preferable.
- Experience working with and selling/pitching to sophisticated institutional clients and/or investment advisor clients.
- Highly collaborative, communicative, organized and able to prioritize when presented with competing tasks.
- Ability to assess and interpret complex information and synthesize key messages visually and verbally into marketing documents and other written materials.
- Impeccable writing skills with the ability to modulate voice, tone and sophistication of language to match the audience and/or persona.
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial predisposition and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with internal and external partners.
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex organization; Able to think independently and challenge/escalate issues in an appropriate manner.
- Comfortable operating within a geographically dispersed team.