Transfix is a leading online freight marketplace that is on a mission to eliminate waste and inefficiency in the $700 billion trucking industry. Every year, 65 billion empty miles are driven by trucks in the U.S. and companies are spending excess time, resources and money arranging for the transportation of their goods. Transfix is on a path to solve these problems by dynamically matching shipments from Fortune 500 companies with available trucks. By partnering with both sides of the marketplace we are able to lower the cost and increase the reliability for every shipment.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
We are currently hiring a Junior Accounts Receivable/Payable Analyst to join our growing Finance team. This role will be 75% AR and 25% AP in terms of time allocation and prioritization. Your performance will be in part tied to working capital KPIs including account’s DSO improvement and percentage aged. Your success will be tied to how well you own the life cycle of your customers ranging from client onboarding (credit risk assessment) to delivery and through to cash collections. We are interested in those who exhibit a sense of curiosity in learning the full life cycle of account analysis and cash collection, and ownership over their work.
Our ideal candidate is more focused on problem solving and collections; always looking for out of the box solutions to increase time on AR while ensuring that our carriers are getting quality and timely AP information. She/he will achieved through personal drive for process optimization and an eagerness to collaborate w/ tech and front office to analyze and understand customers' unique needs. You will also interact closely with the internal team as well as across the organization with Sales and Ops to build a comprehensive understanding/ownership of accounts. Join us in defining the new standard for transportation brokerage.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Manage collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies
- Analyze aging reports to identify trends and patterns causing missed collections
- Collaborate with our Sales, Account Managers and Tech team to solve problems identified through the analysis
- Invoice customers through our internal platform
- Research, track and resolve customer chargebacks as needed
- Report status of accounts including provide collection statuses and bad debt write offs, and highlight any potential exposure issues
- Analyze potential customer credit and assist in making decisions with credit limits
- Assist vendors with payment inquiries
- Strong knowledge of Excel (filtering, vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Proactive in raising issues and sharing ideas
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Curiously minded; always thinking about process improvement (automated or manual) that will improve efficiency
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are constantly evolving and striving for improvements
- Possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Industry experience a plus
- Experience with AR softwares is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Enjoys working on a team while exhibiting strong sense of ownership
- Enjoys collecting money!
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description