At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You will be playing a highly impactful role as Justworks prepares for its next phase of growth. As our first Lead Stock Plan Administrator, you are someone who has the experience and comfort in the areas of strategic planning and design.
This person will drive and own Justworks’ end-to-end administration of equity programs while coordinating with key cross-functional members ensuring accurate processing and reporting of all equity transaction processing, financial reporting, and SEC filings.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Administer Justworks’ equity plans and maintain all aspects of the equity management system, including new grants (e.g. RSUs, stock options), vest event processing and settlement, terminations, monitor demographics file transfers from HR/Payroll systems to vendor equity management system
- Reconcile and perform auditing procedures relating to equity transactions monthly to ensure accuracy and quality control in the equity management system
- Act as the company representative for HR business partner and employee inquiries around equity awards and assistance in accessing stock administration platform
- Provide adequate information and timely response related to equity plans and transactions to Finance, HR, Tax, Payroll, Legal, and SOX Compliance departments to ensure effective equity transaction processing, financial reporting, and SEC filings
- Compile data and prepare annual proxy statement executive compensation tables
- Coordinate with Legal to maintain the insider trading list, set insider restrictions in the equity management system, and assist with preparing insider pre-clearance analyses
- Provide, on an as-needed basis, data and analysis related to executive equity holdings
- Document processes and procedures and make suggestions for process improvements
- Cross-train with other team members in all aspects of the equity administration function
As a Lead Stock Plan Administrator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive, and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Organizational awareness - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in equity plan administration at a publicly traded U.S. company
- Working knowledge of equity management systems (e.g. E*Trade, Fidelity)
- Comprehensive knowledge of various types of equity awards, programs, and governing stock plan documents
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities in a team environment
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) or in the process of obtaining
- Working knowledge of HRIS/payroll systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment