ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Accounting & Finance department during a dynamic period of high growth and process transformation. The Accounting Manager, Corporate will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams within the controllership organization, with a focus on corporate expenses and balance sheet accounts, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. You are a demonstrated leader who excels in managing people and can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Play key role in the month end financial statement close process by reviewing account reconciliations, keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff, and working with various cost centers throughout the organization to obtain relevant information.
- Take ownership and responsibility of preparing monthly account reconciliations for areas including equity and share-based compensation, capitalized software, intercompany transactions, and corporate operating expenses (including marketing and legal expenses).
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP principles.
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations prepared by staff / senior accountants on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting. Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with FP&A team and business department owners to improve monitoring and tracking of operating expenses for corporate departments, advise on accounting policies, calculate and record appropriate accruals each month, and understand the key drivers and variances to budget/forecast.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Be the right hand to the Assistant Controller & Global Controller with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Blackline preferred
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies, retail, consumer products, and/or media a plus
- Experience in a high growth organization
- International reporting a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.