Manager, Accounting at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the Job:
As the Accounting Manager you will play a key role on our growing Accounting team during this exciting period of high growth and process transformation. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting, you will have an exciting opportunity to contribute to and manage the financial close process for a fast-paced, extremely successful and high energy company.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the timely management of the month end financial statement close and reporting process for areas including, but not limited to, revenue, leases, accounts payable and accrued expenses
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations prepared by junior staff accountants on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Continually develop, scale and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures to support the reduction of the close timeline
- Partner with Technical Accounting to ensure all processes and procedures are in compliance with ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Communicate with various internal and external partners at various levels
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Participate in special projects relating to ERP implementation projects and ad hoc analyses as requested
- Mentor and train junior accountants
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license
- You have 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, potentially including a mix of private and public accounting experience
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have experience working with ERP systems - Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- You have very strong Excel skills and are comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- You have an investigative and curious nature, loving problem-solving and utilizing your analytical skill set
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.