Manager, Compliance - Account Review at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Manager, Compliance - Account Review
Gemini is looking for a smart, friendly individual that is organized, detail-oriented and eager to contribute to a world-class compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm well-positioned for success. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City.
- Provide ongoing transaction analysis training to members of the account review team.
- Perform quality control on account review submissions ensuring accuracy and providing constructive feedback as needed.
- Draft and/or update internal procedures as needed.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the enterprise to address compliance related issues.
- Perform monthly audit of accounts due for review and track review progress as appropriate.
- Identify procedural inefficiencies and help develop and drive process improvements.
- Perform periodic and trigger-based account reviews inclusive of transactional and blockchain analysis of customer activity to identify potential red-flags and escalate as appropriate.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on transactional analysis, forensic accounting or other investigative functions.
- Prior management and training experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Track record of success and results, ideally in a high-growth or entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed.
- Previous experience performing KYC and periodic account reviews, including assessment of customer risk and transaction analysis.
- Strong understanding of transaction pattern red flags.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.