Manager, Corporate Accounting at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a Manager on the Corporate Accounting team with a strong accounting background in Research and Development and Capitalized Software areas, and an aptitude for cross-team collaboration and process enhancements to support the development work performed in our Engineering function. As part of the Corporate Accounting Team, you will identify and prioritize automated solutions to support core business processes and enable financial reporting for our R&D and Capitalized Software areas. In this role, you will work closely with our Engineering, Technical Accounting Team, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Technology teams as a critical Accounting business partner, bringing your Accounting expertise and a process-centric mindset to key strategic initiatives centered around the development and improvement of Peloton’s products and services.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Engineering teams and subject matter experts to develop a deep understanding of Peloton’s Engineering processes and initiatives. You will represent Accounting to implement creative, best-in-class solutions that will support new ways to Account for our R&D and Capitalized Software areas, all the while enhancing our monthly processes and coordinating the automation of core financial processes to streamline and scale our Accounting work.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a proven ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a unique mix of financial accounting knowledge and knowledge of hardware and software engineering processes and will use that knowledge to drive alignment between our Accounting processes and those of our cross functional partners.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to our Engineering teams to help shape our Accounting strategies and overall project roadmaps
- Develop strong working relationships with the Engineering organization to ensure a cohesive Capitalized Software process.
- Continuously look to make improvements to our R&D processes and system solutions as it relates to our Engineering org.; spearhead enhancement projects and support strategic initiatives key to Peloton’s overall strategy
- Review of R&D expenses and account reconciliations performed by a Staff Accountant.
- Support Senior Corporate Accounting Manager by providing team direction, helping with assignment of work, checking in on overall area progress. Ensure work is completed consistently, accurately, and on-time.
- Prepare analytics & business reporting packages over financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
- Partnering with and supporting business partners including Technical Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Accounts Payable, IT, and R&D on specific aspects of our business.
- Participate in and provide testing support for the implementation of Peloton’s new ERP system, SAP.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Review relevant expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and expense recognition.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 6+ years of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience. Combination of public accounting/Big Four and industry experience highly preferred.
- 1-2 years of managerial experience required
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets and comfortable with creating end to end automation of business processes
- Experience working with various systems and tools, including but not limited to SAP, Netsuite Coupa, Blackline, and Alteryx preferred.
- CPA and/or equivalent a strong plus (not required).
- Hands on experience with driving company-wide initiatives and efforts to improve processes
- Strong experience with R&D and Capitalized Software Accounting and General Ledger systems preferred.
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts (not required).
- Clear communicator with keen ability to present findings in succinct presentations and to express complex technical and accounting concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on creative solutioning to meet business team requirements and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating rigorous attention to detail and adaptability to take on new projects and challenges.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.