Manager, Corporate Accounting
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and India, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
This position requires an accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls in general accounting that will enhance the accounting and overall finance function.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ownership of key financial statement areas, including but not limited to, Cash, Fixed Assets, Capital Leases, Debt, AP and Accruals, Travel and Expense, and Payroll and Benefits. Includes reviewing journals, reconciliations, invoices, bank transactions and payment runs, and supporting the month-end close process in these areas.
- Ownership of financial reporting packages from international entities.
- Coach the team on identifying and implementing efficiencies in the existing processes in order to increase the team’s capacity.
- Actively mentor the team and guide them in their career growth and development.
- Work with colleagues on the Finance team and in other departments to ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place and operating effectively.
- Create and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and analysis; improve upon existing processes by adding relevant metrics.
- Review payroll for the US and international entities, working with the Payroll Specialist and People team colleagues to ensure payroll is complete and accurate.
- Assist in fulfilling audit, tax and budgeting requirements as needed.
- Establish and refine the T&E and corporate credit card processes.
- Collaborate on the future implementation of a procurement system.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Prior experience leading a team
- Strong people management skills with the ability to mentor and grow an early stage accounting team.
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership, show initiative and provide structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus
- A mix of public and private accounting is a plus
- Ability to quickly identify challenges, prioritize, analyze the root causes, seek to understand the rationale behind current processes and propose solutions while getting buy in from key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (MBA/MSA a plus). CPA certification is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.