Manager, Corporate Development at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You see the bigger picture, but aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves up and get things done. You are analytical in nature, but understand the broader market and how things come together. You are comfortable with multiple aspects of a business, including finance, operations, and product strategy.
You are eager to partner with the senior leadership team and help make Justworks achieve our vision and mission. You are comfortable speaking with members of the investment community, Board members, and potential targets.
If this sounds like you, there is an opportunity for you to join Justworks as a Manager of Corporate Development and help drive our business into the next phase of our growth.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Develop our M&A strategy and identify target opportunities that align with our corporate strategy
- Proactively build relationships with our broader ecosystem, and spearhead all inorganic growth opportunities, including mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships
- Directly manage the entire M&A process, including strategic rationale, sourcing, outreach, due diligence, and execution
- Oversee any integration between acquired companies and Justworks
- Partner with the leadership, and finance teams to ensure we have adequate capital on hand to complete necessary acquisitions
- Build and own our valuation models, which vary by industry and company stage
- Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats
- Participate in conferences, dinners, and events to communicate the company’s strategy to the market
As a Manager of Corporate Development, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business Insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Strategic Mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
- Plans and Aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Initiative and Motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Teamwork and Communication: Putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience working in investment banking, or an internal strategy & corporate development team
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative skills, specifically around financial and company valuation
- You have worked alongside senior leadership, and are comfortable with having direct conversations and sharing your perspective
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for data-driven storytelling
- You are highly collaborative and can pivot your approach to get to the best collective outcome
- You are a generalist who can quickly shift mindsets to support and lead any aspect of the business
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment