Manager, Corporate FP&A at Harry's
About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in North America and UK, our private label and manufacturing business in Germany as well as new brands as we expand.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position within the finance organization will work directly with the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and the VP of Finance on consolidated company analysis: this includes supporting our company-wide quarterly forecasting cycles at the consolidated level, driving our long-term-planning processes, and helping to own our functional budgets. More importantly, this is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior level corporate finance and strategy for our family of high-growth consumer brands.
What you will accomplish
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes by providing visibility on growth, profitability and liquidity at the consolidated level
- Support the long-term financial planning process with the Strategy team, including creating and maintaining, standardizing and simplifying financial model and process
- Develop and recommend guidance across the company in the creation of our financial plans and strategic objectives
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Understand and analyze performance at both the segment and consolidated level – full P&L and cash flow– in part by becoming a power-user of our financial planning system
- Own the preparation of and drive continuous improvement in our monthly financial results reporting and analysis to provide senior leadership with insights on variances, trends, and potential risks & opportunities
- Support the CEO/co-founders and CFO in the production of presentations for internal and external stakeholders including our BOD, investors and lenders
- Strategic Cross-Functional Initiatives and Ad Hoc Projects
- Evaluate a range of potential strategic and operational cases for impact on our consolidated financials, for both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead/develop deep dives and initiatives across the P&L (revenue, product and distribution costs, margin and opex)
This should describe you
- 5-7 years of total work experience in a combination of FP&A / corporate or strategic finance / investment banking / public accounting (must have ~2 years of corporate experience)
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial statements, and has advanced skills in modeling them in Excel - familiar with indexes, conditional list, arrays, pivots, charts, lookups, and macros
- Prior experience with financial planning or ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Hyperion, Adaptive, Anaplan, etc), and a strong aptitude and interest in learning and understanding those data flows in order to structure and distill the reporting of that data
- Nuanced communicator with fantastic presentation skills who can independently own and drive projects
- Motivated to learn about all aspects of a high-growth brand and business
- Fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and is not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Maintains a player-coach mentality, with prior experience managing direct reports a plus
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Report to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis but work within highly collaborative FP&A and Finance teams
- Work directly with VPs and leaders across the company
- Significant direct exposure to the CFO, CEO/co-founders and senior leadership team
- Work daily with the members of the Treasury, Accounting and Operations teams but with frequent and unparalleled interaction with all company departments and functions globally
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.