Manager, Cost Accounting at DoorDash
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for an Accounting Manager to build the foundation for inventory cost accounting for one of our newest and fastest growing business lines.About the Role
- Partner with our operations, procurement, and FP&A teams to develop and build an inventory management and cost accounting system, including system implementations and development of accounting policies, accounting and operational processes
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures related to inventory management and cost accounting
- Act as main point of contact for accounting on global warehouse operations, including but not limited to development of policy and coordination of inventory counts
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, and related inventory reserves and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards
- Manage COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances
- Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 6+ years experience in inventory accounting and control in a corporate grocery/retail environment
- Master’s degree in Accounting or CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, GSuite preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.