Manager, Credit Bureau Reporting
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
Data, Decisioning and Risk Systems consists of multiple teams that engineers and supports production applications and systems encompassing OnDeck’s critical data assets, automation of its credit policies, business and credit bureau reporting and management of its data warehouse and databases. Our work allows the company to consume and produce large amounts of data in making real-time lending decisions. We have an emphasis on innovation and accuracy alongside reliability and scalability.
As a Credit Bureau Reporting Manager at OnDeck, you will:
Manage the Credit Bureau Reporting function at On Deck as a subject matter expert and business owner. Internally you shall interact with multiple teams including Product, Legal, Risk, Technology and Operations in developing and managing changing reporting rules and regulatory requirements. Externally you shall be responsible for the relationships with the credit agencies and third-party providers that integrate with our reporting systems. Core responsibilities include: report data processing, data analysis and troubleshooting; reviews of operational and quality control processes and controls; training, documentation and recommendations for improvements to senior management. You shall also have the opportunity to develop reports and dashboards for key metrics using SQL or Tableau.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 5-7 years of experience in Financial Services
- 3-5 years as a Business/Data Analyst
- Strong interpersonal skills for partnering and influencing at various levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of operations, policies and procedures and overall subject matter expertise in Credit Bureau Reporting
- In-depth understanding of applicable laws and regulations
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills using SQL
- Ability to develop report specifications and subsequent gap analysis
- Excellent organizational, managerial and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Exposure to data mart development and data warehouses
Nice to Have:
- Credit Dispute process experience
- Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and ServiceNow
- Report dashboard development in Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**