What you'll do day- to-day:
- Support the CFO in the development and ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency and improvement in business analysis and reporting
- Perform strategic financial analysis and planning for key business opportunities, including international growth projections and modeling new revenue streams
- Assist with fundraising and investor relationships
- Facilitate the annual budget and monthly forecast process, including analysis of consolidated subscriber growth and revenue projections, and preparing board and management-level presentations.
- Create clear strategic presentations via Powerpoint or Google Slides including analysis for investors, the board, and senior management.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and modeling to support ongoing business decisions as requested.
- Work cross-functionally with various business and operational teams to analyze and incorporate go-forward business decisions into the financial rolling forecast model.
- Manage departmental cost center budgets and serve as a finance business partner to the respective budget owners.
- Work closely with the accounting team to understand and analyze historical financial performance.
- Analyze data and facilitate sound management decisions through financial reporting while highlighting material variances, trends, & risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary to the business and partners.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and model large volumes of data, interpret and identify pertinent issues.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to distill key issues and insights and deliver them in a meaningful and concise manner.
- Excel wizardry – advanced formulas; pivot tables; modeling, etc.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Experience creating clear and strategic PowerPoint presentations for senior level audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and guide non-finance teams with robust data and analysis.
- Investment banking or management consulting experience highly preferred.
- Experience with fundraising (private equity, venture equity, debt raise), bonus but not required.
- Experience evaluating M&A deals (due diligence process, forecasting, integration strategy), bonus but not required.
Why you want this job:
- Impact: Leveraging and understanding our financial data is at the heart of our growth – your insights will be the foundation for many of our most strategic business decisions.
- Exposure: You will have a lot of exposure to the executive team, working directly with the CEO and CFO, and core operations of the company.
- Our growth: Skillshare is growing rapidly and we will need you to ensure our financial models and budgets give us visibility into our revenue and cash flow.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.